PE Builder v3 plugin
Cisco VPN Client v.4.03C+ plugin
Plugin by Ixel
This plugin gives functionality to the Cisco VPN Client and allows you to connect to a VPN through the client.
1. This plugin installs and uses the Deterministic Network Enhancer Service(DNE) and Cisco's IPSec driver.
2. The additional files that come with this plugin do the following:
- cisco.exe -- checks to make sure services are loaded and launches the client
- discon.exe -- disconnects the computer through the client
- splash.jpg -- picture for identifying the client as PE version
1. This plugin has been tested and used successfully with Cisco VPN Client v.4.03C and v.4.03F. I suspect that versions between 4.03C and F will work with this plugin. Versions prior to v.4.03C but released after 4.02B may or may not work. Feel free to test those versions and let me know your results. Versions prior to 4.02B (including 4.02B) will definitely not work.
2. You must use version 126.96.36.199 or later of vsdatant.sys.
3. You must use version 188.8.131.52 or earlier of vsdata.dll.
4. The tray icon does not appear (even with an Explorer plugin) when the client connects. To disconnect, run the discon.exe file from a window/command line/run line or click on the 'Disconnect' menu item if using nu2menu.
5. You must use version v3.0.30 or later of PEBuilder.
6. The TCP/IP protocol must be loaded before trying to run the client.
7. You must use the 'special' winlogon.exe (the one that breaks the process/thread limit).
1. Copy the files and folders from a Cisco VPN Client installation into the plugin's 'files' folder.
2. In the plugin's 'files' folder, create a directory called 'other'.
3. Copy the following files to the 'other' directory:
4. Comment out the following lines in the dne2000.inf file:
Credits and Contact
Thanks to Stugpanzer and chall32 for their work and testing of this plugin.
Please PM me (Ixel) on the 911 CD forum, for feedback, suggestions, bugs, etc. on this plugin.
PE Builder Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Bart Lagerweij. All rights reserved.