Lotus Notes continues to set the standard for innovation in the messaging and collaboration market Lotus defined over a decade ago. As an integrated collaborative environment, the Lotus Notes client and the Lotus Domino server combine enterprise-class messaging and calendar and scheduling capabilities with a robust platform for collaborative applications. If you haven't already got a copy of notes, you can download a copy here: IBM Website.
As Notes needs to be configured to "talk" to the correct domino server(s), probably the best thing to do is find a machine that already has notes installed and configured how you need it and use that install as the "file donor" for the plugin.
1. On your PE Builder machine, create a plugin folder called notes and under that folder create a folder called files. So your folder structure looks like:
pebuilder folder | ---- plugin | ---- notes | ---- files
2. Copy the whole notes installation folder (typically found at c:\program files\lotus\notes)into the files folder. Make sure you also copy the data folder (typically c:\program files\lotus\notes\data).
3. On your PE Builder machine, rename the data folder coppied form the donor machine to notes_data. So your folder structure now looks like:
pebuilder folder | ---- plugin | ---- notes | ---- files | |---- notes_data |---- (other folders)
4. Copy notes.ini from notes folder to notes_data folder.
5. Open notes.ini in the notes_data folder and change all paths listed in the file to "N:\" (no quotes) - from memory there where 3 in my notes.ini file.
6. Delete all of the files in the notes_data foler, EXCEPT:
7. PE-Build away!If you get stuck: the only clever bits (over and above a normal notes install) in this plugin are: